Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Being of Irish descent and being engaged to a handsome Irishman that plays in Arizona's premier Irish Rock Group (They're opening for Flogging Molly tonight!), I am a little proud of my heritage.  I work in inner city Phoenix and love to expose my students to other cultures.  Therefore, today I did an eartraining lesson along with a brief history of St. Patrick for all grades 4-8 band and orchestra.  For my littler ones, we took the song "My Pretty Irish Girl" from Darby O'Gill and the Little People (my go to St. Patty's movie) and we learned the lyrics and figured out how to play it by ear.  Here is an article on the movie (featuring Sean Connery, then known as Sean O'Conner, in his first American feature).  Happy St.Patty's Day!  Enjoy!

Darby O'Gill and the Little People

No comments:

Post a Comment